Learn a little about us.
Are you purchasing, selling or refinancing your property? Freehold, leasehold, or condominium, residential or commercial, we can guide you through the process from drafting offers to closing deals.
- Prepare or review your agreements.
- Review your mortgage documents.
- Title searching and title insurance.
- Review condominium status certificate and documents.
- Registration of your transfers, deeds, mortgages, and charges.
- Discharges of mortgages and charges.
- Guide you through your land transfer tax, municipal property tax, or HST concerns on closing.
... and much more.
Wills and Estates
Making a plan for your Will and estate does not have to be a stressful process. Let us guide you through key decisions:
- Selection of executors and trustees.
- Determine who will inherit and avoid the automatic action of statute where you are silent.
- Determine who will apply for custody of your children and who will manage their inheritance.
- Consider reasonable steps you may take to reduce or defer your tax payable on death.
- Provide your executors and trustees with the necessary tools to complete their tasks with minimum ambiguity and conflict.
- Reduce the risk of conflict between your beneficiaries and the estate with clear drafting.
We also provide advice to executors and administrators. Ask us about getting your Certificate of Appointment as an Estate Trustee, with or without, a Will.
Business and Corporate Services
We offer services to sole proprietors, partnerships, corporations and other small businesses including:
- Incorporation and yearly maintenance.
- Professional corporations.
- Business purchases and sales.
- Commercial leasing.
- Commercial real estate and financing.
Every small business is unique so ask us about specific problems.
Other Document Services
Do you need documents notarized, sworn, witnessed or prepared for official purposes?
- Notary public services.
- Commission of oaths services.
- Affidavits and statutory declarations.
- Travel documents.
- Powers of attorney, both continuing and limited.
- Identification attestation.
A Family Operated Business in Barrhaven
Michael Walsh LL.B. M.Sc. B.Sc.
Michael's practice focuses on an interesting mix of solicitor work such as real estate, wills and estate planning, estate administration, and small business services.
Michael is originally from Nova Scotia and completed his B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Physics at Dalhousie University. Before going into law he worked for several years in Ottawa's thriving high tech community, managing engineers and gaining valuable leadership experience. In 2007, Michael graduated cum laude from the University of Ottawa Law School and was called to the Bar in Ontario in 2008. He is a member of the Law Society of Ontario and the County of Carleton Law Association.
Margot Walsh, M.Sc., B.Sc.
Office Administrator/Real Estate Assistant
In addition to overseeing the administrative needs of our firm, Margot is instrumental in managing the firm's real estate practice. A real estate transaction involves significant paper work being exchanged on tight deadlines between several interested parties. Margot liaises with various banks, mortgage brokers, financial institutions, title searchers, title insurers, insurance brokers and many others to ensure that your purchase, sale or refinance is completed smoothly.
Margot graduated from the University of New Brunswick and Dalhousie University with degrees in Physics. Margot moved to Ottawa in 1996 to work in the high tech industry and joined Michael's legal practice in 2009.
© Copyright The Law Office of Michael C. Walsh